Yes, more and more people are making money with blogs and there are so many ways to do it!
1. Market your services in your blog. A lot of people think of blogs as places to vent or shout your opinions to the world. This is one use for blogs but you shouldn’t overlook their capacity to create customers as well. Just make sure that your posts are informative and offer value to whoever will be reading them. What kind of services can you offer? The list is endless. . .choose something that you like and do well like writing, graphic design, PPC, SEO, email campaigns, babysitting, coaching, anything goes.
2. Sell advertising space. This might be the most common way to leverage your blog to generate income. If you create a well-known blog, it’s pretty easy to sell ad space. People will come looking! For new or not as well known blogs, services such as Google’s AdSense or BlogAds enable bloggers to earn income from advertisers. AdSense is free and lets you select several ads that are consistent with the content of your blog. You get paid when readers click on the ads.
BlogAds, connects bloggers with advertisers and takes a commission in return for any ad placements that result. These types of programs are the reasons that so many are now making money with blogs.
3. Ask for contributions. Some people are leary about this but if your small-business blog supports some kind of cause or issue, it doesn’t hurt to ask for reader support. And readers who become loyal to your blog are especially willing to make a little contribution. Programs like PayPal make it easy to establish a simple on-site contribution collection button.
4. Help sell other people’s products and/or services. Let your blog be the conduit between readers and online sites offering various goods and services. Just go to ClickBank or Commission Junction and pick out an affiliate product or service to sell – it should be something that goes along with the content of your blog. Or you can create a new blog specifically for the products you decide to promote. If you write articles about certain products that you would recommend, you can get paid a commission when someone takes you up on the offer.
5. Once you’ve got some customers, use your blog to keep them. Using a blog to regularly communicate with existing clients as well as other new readers is a way to fully inform them about everything your business does. Your posts can enlighten your readers about the full scope of your products or services and even inspire them to refer you to others.
6. Keep in mind that good blogs are those that are updated regularly and frequently with original and high-quality content. Give your readers a reason to come back to your blog again and again.
More and more people are making money with blogs. Will you be one of them?